PFLP leader Sa’adat: Take to the streets on Sunday to demonstrate against negotiations
Fight Back News Service is circulating this import statement from the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
Comrade Ahmad Sa’adat, imprisoned General Secretary of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, urged Palestinians to “break the barriers of silence and bang on the walls of the tank” to defend Palestinian rights under threat from new negotiations between the Palestinian Authority in a letter leaked from prison on July 26, 2013.
He called for wide participation among Palestinians in the Sunday demonstrations called by the PFLP in Ramallah and Gaza against the negotiations, emphasizing that those who claim to represent Palestinians must respect the will of our people.
Sa’adat said that Palestinians in Palestine and in the diaspora must strengthen popular consensus and unity to protect the Palestinian national project and lay the foundations for a new stage of struggle, and resistance in all forms.
Sa’adat earlier told lawyer Buthaina Duqmaq that “the return to negotiations is a violation of the Palestinian national consensus” and “undermine Palestinian reconciliation efforts, and threaten the destruction of the Palestine Liberation Organization.”
He demanded that all Palestinian officials refuse negotiations with the occupation state, saying that negotiating with this criminal state puts the Palestinian cause, and Palestinian internal unity, at significant risk. “It is clear that the negotiating team ignored these conditions, violated national consensus, and instead chose to rely on US guarantees. This has been done previously again and again and never has yielded any results that have compelled the occupying power to respect international law.”